Department of Public Works
Permit Office Locations
  • Permit Office Location
    Permit Forms and Charts
  • Flood Permit Application
  • Flood Permit Fees
  • Road Permit Application
  • Road Permit Fees
  • Insurance Requirements
  • Transportation Permit Requirements
  • Road Closure Permit Requirements
    View more >
    Related Links
  • City of Los Angeles -
    Bureau of Street Services
  • Port of Long Beach -
    Roadway Vertical Clearances
  • Port of Los Angeles
    View more >
    Awards Received
    2008 Digital Government Achievement Award Winner
    2008 Digital Government Achievement Award Winner
    2008 Challenge Awards Honorable Mentions
    California State Association Of Counties
    2008 Honorable Mention Award

    Your browser will NOT be able to make payments in SPATS after August. 6, 2016. Click here for more information.

    Simple Permits Application & Tracking System (SPATS)
    (Login to access Service Cut or Transportation permit agent account.)

    Forgot Login or Password?

    The County will no longer issue Service Cut permits within the City of Lomita. Please contact the city for permit information.


    For all overweight vehicle special permits for the City of Carson, the Intermodal-Sea Container designation must be selected in the Load Content Type portion of the application.

    I. To apply for a Transportation permit click here.



    Simple Permits Application & Tracking System Logo
    Frequently Asked Questions
    • What is a Transportation (Moving) Permit?

    • A document authorizing the movement of vehicles or vehicle combinations exceeding statutory limitations (as to size, weight, and loading of vehicles) as contained in Division 15 of the California Vehicle Code and Los Angeles County Code; Chapter 16.22 MOVING PERMITS. Permits are valid for travel upon County highways and incorporated cities for which the County has issuance authority. Please see Attachment 13 for listing of city authority.
    • How do I apply for a Transportation (Moving) Permit?

    • You may fill out an application on line and pay for it either by credit card on-line or submit the required fee ($16.00 for single trip permits; $90.00 for annual permits) to our main permit office located on the 8th floor of our Headquarters building at 900 South Fremont Avenue in the City of Alhambra. Please call us at (626) 458-3126 if you have any questions.
    • What is a Service Cut Permit?

    • A service cut permit is an online authorization allowing a utility company to work on their facilities, within the road right of way. Excavations equal to or smaller than 5’ wide and 20’ long are considered service cuts. Utility companies must obtain an annual blanket excavation permit in order to utilize this service. If you are a franchised utility owner, please call us at (626) 458-3127 to inquire about obtaining an annual blanket excavation permit.
    View more >
    Adobe Reader